Calling all CTBUH members across North America. Showcase your leadership by speaking in person, nominating a speaker, or hosting an off-site program at the two-day Chicago event of the CTBUH 2021 International Conference, taking place in Chicago on 8–9 November. Speaking topics should relate to the conference theme The Future City: Addressing Carbon, Climate & Societal Crises and specific topics include:
Reducing embodied and operating carbon, carbon capture and sequestration, end-of-life carbon, the role of mass timber in the carbon conversation, and more.
• Climate: Change, Challenges, and Choices
Urban resilience, resilient buildings, green walls and façades, natural ventilation in tall buildings, or other approaches.
• Society: Sustainability, Safety, and Sensitivity
Affordable cities, infrastructure for equity, the built environment’s impact on human health, culturally responsive design, and more.
Showcase how your Chicago project embodies the themes of the conference by submitting your site for consideration as host of an off-site program.
Submit Your Ideas Today
To be considered, or nominated, for a speaking role or host of an off-site program for the Chicago event location only, email the following:
• Proposed session title/off-site program venue
• If proposing a presentation, please provide brief synopsis on one the themes of carbon/climate/society. Presentations are limited to 20 minutes each.
• If applying to host an off-site program, provide a description of your project and how your offsite program relates to the conference topic.
Be a Speaker / Host Off-Site Program
Showcase your leadership on critical issues facing the urban realm or host an off-site program for the Chicago event